Locations and Major Departments
- The Valley Library, located in the center of main campus, offers appealing spaces for individual study and collaborative work. It is consistently voted by students as the Best Place to Study on Campus. After the expansion and remodel of the library that was completed in 1999, the Valley Library was named the Library of the Year by the American Library Assocation and was the first academic library to receive that honor.
- The Marilyn Potts Guin Library in Newport houses the research and teaching collection of OSU’s Hatfield Marine Science Center.
- The OSU Cascades Library provides library services to OSU students, faculty and staff in Bend, Oregon.
- The Special Collections and Archives Research Center, a department within the Valley Library, maintains extensive records, manuscripts and photographs pertaining to the history of Oregon State as well as a number of archival and book collections, most of which focus on the history of 20th-century science and technology. Collections include the well-known Ava Helen and Linus Pauling Papers, the popular Oregon Hops and Brewing Archives and the Oregon Multicultural and OSU Queer Archives.
- OSU Press publishes scholarly and general interest books in forestry, natural resources management, Oregon history, indigenous studies, Oregon politics, and other subjects involving Oregon. Many of these books have been award winners.
A full listing of units can be found on our Departments page.
Statistics about our serials (periodicals), monographs (books), digital versus print, and usage can be found on the Collections Department page.
Each of the following collaborations adds to the amount and value of resources the OSU Libraries can make available to our users as well as raising the profile of OSU Libraries statewide and nationally.
Organizational administration and strategic plan
Library Faculty Association
Information about the LFA and documents pertaining to its structure, governance and promotion and tenure
Information about library assessment practices of student learning, collections, faculty productivity, and user services
Library Faculty Publications
Libraries and Press Impact Report for 2016-2017