OSU faculty, staff and students now have full access to nytimes.com and New York Times mobile apps, thanks to a new institution-wide subscription provided by Ecampus and OSU Libraries.
The nytimes.com site covers a variety of topics through breaking news articles, blogs, videos and interactive features. In addition, you‘ll be able to save articles of interest, share content on social networks, subscribe to email newsletters and set up personalized alerts. Your access to nytimes.com is available from on or off campus.
To activate your pass for access to nytimes.com, just follow quick steps:
1. Go to www.accessnyt.com.
2. In the Find School box, enter Oregon State University as your university.
3. Choose either on campus or off campus depending on where you are.
4. Select Create Your Account and supply some basic info — and then access The New York Times and log in whenever you want from wherever you are.
New York Times in Education
You can also get access to The New York Times in Education. This is a new resource designed to help both educators and students make the most of nytimes.com. New content and teaching resources are added to this site on a weekly basis by faculty contributors from various colleges.
This site requires a separate registration from your nytimes online registration (above). Use these instructions to get started.
1. Go to http://nytimesineducation.com.
2. Click on the I Accept (cookies) button in the upper right.
3. Click on Register in the upper right corner of the screen.
4. Enter your OSU email address and other required info on the registration form.