Most Online Resources provided by OSU Libraries are available for authorized off-campus users via the Library's Proxy service. Some resources may only work off-campus with OSU's VPN service.
Required when using a device that is not connected through OSU-authenticated LAN/WiFi on Corvallis or Newport campuses.
Current OSU students, faculty, and staff enter their ONID login information to access OSU Libraries online resources from off-campus locations.
- Properly-proxied resources should include a proxy statement in the address bar:
- Or the initial access link may include a proxy statement:
- Some services, such as Kanopy, mask the Proxy address within their services, but they instead have a URL that identifies OSU has access: https://oregonstate.kanopy.com/
If an online resource is not working properly through the Library's proxy connection, OSU's VPN service can be used instead.
Click here for VPN setup instructions.
- When accessing an online resource through the VPN, Library Proxy statements must first be removed from the URL.
- For services with OSU-specific URLs (such as Kanopy, ProQuest Ebook Central), there will be no Proxy statement to remove.
- If prompted in the VPN-software, select Full-Tunnel for the network connection.
If you are having trouble accessing the Library’s online resources or have any questions, please contact E-Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org