Welcome to the new 1Search User Interface.
We're rolling out a new 1Search user interface on August 28. Here's some key points:
- All your data is still there. Active loans, Summit borrowing requests, and user data won't be affected. (Looking for your e-Shelf? It's now called My Favorites, and you can access it in the main menu by clicking the Pin icon next to your username.)
- 1Search will act the same. Course reserves, getting things from other libraries, accessing articles - you can still perform these actions (and more) in the new 1Search.
- A new responsive design. The new user interface is designed to work on mobile devices. Search on your mobile phone, tablet, or other small screen device and you will have an uncompromised search environment for your research needs.
Here's some important information:
1. If you are linking to articles, ebooks, or records in 1Search using the built-in permalink feature, you will be automatically redirected to the new UI. No need to change anything.
2. If you have a saved query and email alert or relied on copy/pasting the page's URL, you may end up in the Classic UI. Don't worry - the Classic UI will stay up and will still work. In order to get back to the New UI, be sure to recreate the link or email alert in the New UI.
What's new for 1Search:
- A mobile-friendly responsive design, built using AngularJS.
- A new and improved article recommender system that will connect users to related resources.
- Fewer clicks needed to conduct searches and requests means fewer barriers between resources and users.
- A new Browse feature allows users to browse by genre or Library of Congress Call Number.
We're always looking for feedback on how we can improve our services. Please use the following survey to let us know what you think about the new 1Search.
Frequently Asked Questions:
When is the new UI going live?
- We launched the new UI of 1Search on August 28th, 2017.
Why did this change? I liked the old version!
- The Classic UI had some major issues with displaying on mobile and small screen devices. The new framework allows users on those devices to search, access resources, and conduct research without compromising any features. The New UI also comes with some new key features that we are excited to bring to the OSU community. The Classic UI will remain live, but links on the library website will defer to the New UI.
Where did my e-shelf go?
The e-Shelf has been renamed to "My Favorites." All your items are still there. To access it, log in to your account and click on the My Favorites Pin icon to the left of your username.
Who should I contact with questions about the new version of 1Search?
You can chat or call library staff or you can email Dan Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org.