- M.A., English, Central Washington University (2007) Specialization in book history and print culture.
- M.L.I.S, University of Illinois,
Urbana-Champaign (2002) Specialization in special collections librarianship and rare books.
- B.A., English, University of Chicago
(2001) Double major in Comparative Literature (German).
- "'Oh Wow!': Assessment and Affective Learning in Special Collections and Archives." in New Directions for Special Collections, eds. Beth Whittaker and Lynne Thomas. Forthcoming 2016.
- "The History Labs: Integrating Primary Source Literacy into a History Survey Course." Journal of Archival Organization, 11 (2014): 175-204.
- Using Primary Sources: Hands-On Instructional Exercises. Co-edited with Heather Smedberg and Mattie Taormina. Libraries Unlimited, March 2014.
- “Measuring the Magic: Assessment in the Special Collections and Archives Classroom,” with Heather Smedberg. RBM: A Journal of Rare Books, Manuscripts, and Cultural Heritage 13 (2012): 53-75.
- “Taking the Show on the Road: Special Collections Instruction in the Campus Classroom,” RBM: A Journal of Rare Books, Manuscripts, and Cultural Heritage 12 (2011): 75-88.
- “The Curious Collection of Mr. Kaye Hyde: The World of Western Esotericism,” with Rebecca Moore, Journal of Religious and Theological Information 8 (2009): 111-127.
- “College Students, Cookies, and Collections: Using Holiday Study Breaks to Encourage Undergraduate Research in Special Collections,” with Susan Hammerman, Rebecca Starkey, and Barbara Kern, Collection Building 25 (2006): 145-149.
- "Teaching the Past, Present, and Future of the Book: Laboratory Learning in Special Collections." Rare Books and Manuscripts Conference, San Francisco, June 2015.
- "Navigating Materials Seas: Seeking Book Historical Evidence in the Library Search-Scapes of Tomorrow." with Shannon Supple. Society of the History of Authorship, Reading, and Publishing, Montreal, July 2015.
- "Articulating the Skills of Primary Source Literacy," part of panel presentation "Teaching to Learn and Learning to Teach" with Elizabeth Yakel, Heather Smedberg, and Mattie Taormina. Society of American Archivists Annual Meeting, Washington, D. C. 2014.
- "The History of Science and the Digital Humanities: Retrofitting Old Collections for New Purpose." Rare Books and Manuscript Sction Preconference, Las Vegas, 2014.
- "Capturing Transformative Engagement: Assessing the Impact of Special Collections and Archives Instructional Outreach." With Heather Smedberg, Peter Carini, Lisa Carter, and Christian Dupont. Association of College and Research Libraries, Indianapolis, 2013.
- “You’re Putting What in My Reading Room? Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bookeye.” Presented as part of RBMS Preconference 2011 seminar: “Yes, We Scan!: Innovative Approaches to User-Initiated Digitization,” 22 June 2011. Also presented as part of the OCLC Research webinar “Scan and Deliver: Creative User-Initiated Special Collections and Archives,” 22 September 2011.
- “Using Zotero in Special Collections Instruction.” Presented as part of RBMS Preconference 2010 seminar: “Quick Innovations for Teaching with Special Collections.” 23 June 2010.
- “Revelation and Re-valuation: A Dialogue Between Book Artist and Special Collections Librarian.” With Michele Burgess, Lecturer, School of Art, Design, and Art History, SDSU. Presentation at College Book Arts Association Conference, University of Iowa, January 2009.
- Member, Society of American Archivists
- Member, Rare Books and Manuscripts Section of the Association of College and Research Libraries
- RBMS/SAA Joint Task Force on Primary Source Literacy Guidelines, 2015-2017
- Secretary, Executive Committee, 2013-2015
- Seminars Committee Member, 2010-2014
- Task Force on Metrics and Assessment, 2012-2013