To avoid scheduling problems, please read the information below before requesting a room.
Reservation Guidelines and Priorities
Classroom assignments will be determined by considering availability, technology requirements, class size, and preference.
Reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis, following these guidelines:
- Highest priority is for library instruction and library presentations.
- These classrooms are generally available for single-session events.
- Student Media Services has priority for the Willamette West.
- Students wanting to schedule a class presentation or thesis defense should contact SMS
Classroom scheduling is maintained by the Library.
Note: Requests are filled based on availability and priority use guidelines. Please submit your request 1-2 weeks ahead of time. All rooms are only for university business, osulibrary.oregonstate.edu/building-space-use
- Read guidelines for the room you wish to request:
- Check availability using the OSU Web Calendar before requesting a room and time:
- Fill out the Valley Library Classroom Reservation Form.
- For your room request you will receive an e-mail confirmation or denial during normal business hours, Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm. We try to respond within two business days to request. Reservations are not complete until a confirmation notice has been sent.
- All non-library reservations are tentative until one week prior to the event.
If you need to cancel or reschedule, please call the Classroom Hotline (737-4616) or send an email to the classroom Outlook account.
Using the Rooms
- The person who reserves the room is responsible for the equipment, furniture and physical space during the time that the room has been scheduled.
- If you have not used the equipment before or need a refresher, please request an orientation on the reservation form.
- Please do not use the classroom longer than your allotted time.
- Rooms in the Valley Library may be reserved for university business only, see policy at osulibrary.oregonstate.edu/building-space-use
- You must show a picture ID when you check out the room key from the Learning Commons Information Desk. You will be asked to initial the checkout sheet when you take the key and again when you return the key.
- The person who signs for the key is responsible for its return. Please do not hand keys over to people who might be using the room immediately after you. It is a bit inconvenient, but the key needs to be checked in after each use.
- Willamette Seminar Rooms: The crank for opening and closing the wall partition is checked out with the key at the Learning Commons Information Desk. Please follow the directions posted on the wall carefully when you open and close the partition.
Leaving the Classroom
- Quit all programs and applications and log out, but please do NOT turn off or shut down the computers.
- Turn off all projection equipment, microphone, and lights.
- Return all furniture to the original configuration.
- Wipe off tables, if food was served.
- Close and lock all doors.
- Report any technology problems when returning the key.
If a technician is required to perform special classroom setup, a $45/hr charge will be made (minimum 1hr charge). Make sure when scheduling the room, that special software needed is mentioned and allow 2 weeks time for setup.